A Space Frame is a structure of linear elements so arranged in a configuration that internal forces are transferred in a three dimensional manner.
Space Frame can be produced in steel, aluminum and stainless steel.
The System comprises 4 main elements namely:
1. Tubular members with welded endplates.
2. Bolts and ball bearings.
3. Inner plates.
4. Ball joints.
1. Pipes: All Steel Tube with minimum yield strength of 240 N/mm2. 2) Ball Joints, Hexagonal Nuts & Inner plates are made of Steel Grade C45 with Minimum yield strength of 360 N/mm2. 3). End plates are made from solid round Steel plates welded at each end of the tubular pipe and are of the same quality of the tube. 3). Bolts For securing the member between the pipes and the ball joints. Bolts of Grade 10.9 are used. Sizes as required by design. 4). BallBearing Interfacing the hexnut & bolt. Material is High Tension Chrome Nickel Steel.5) The Pipes are Hot Dip Galvanized and Two Coat Epoxy Spray Painted. The Components are Electro Galvanized and painted.6) Design is as per BS 5950
1. Pipes: Extruded from Aluminum Alloy 6061T6 or the equivalent with minimum yield strength of 195 N/mm2
2. Ball joints (Nodes): Hexagonal Nuts and End Plates are produced out of Aluminum Alloy 6061?T6 or the equivalent. The End Plates are threaded in pipes (No welding allowed)
3. Bolts: minimum grade 10.9 as required in the design. The bolt connection is completely concealed. No holes in the hexagonal nuts will be made.
4. Structural analysis to be carried out according to the relevant BS 8118 (Structural use of aluminum)
5. Loading conditions are according to the prevailing British Standards.
6. No holes are made in the pipe for bolt insertion.
7. Aluminum space frame members are provided in powder coated finish